Winter in Dubai begins around the last week of October and lasts until the beginning of April. The winter season has the most pleasant weather, making it ideal for outdoor activities, giving residents and tourists a chance to make the most of this season.
EXPO 2020 DUBAI
The World Expo is a great opportunity to make the most of your stay in Dubai in this winter season, if you are in Dubai during winter 2022 then you’re the absolute luckiest! Expo 2020 is a unique opportunity to be inspired by new innovative ideas, technologies, inventions and immersive cultural experiences. Expo 2020 offers you the whole world in the palm of your hand.
Entertainment is a big part of the Dubai Expo 2020: concerts, shows of all kinds, recreational activities and attractions, as well as many shops presenting a wide range of the most emblematic items of international designers. Your taste buds will travel through the cuisines of the world and discover the local flavors at the numerous food stands.
- Expo 2020 will run for six months, it started on October 1st, 2021, and will last until March 31st, 2022.
- Opening hours: It is open seven days a week Saturday to Wednesday from 10:00 AM to midnight, and Thursday and Friday from 10:00 AM until 02:00 AM.
- Location: Dubai World Expo is located in Dubai exhibition centre, between Emirates Road and Sheikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road, D57, Dubai.
- Price: Day Pass (AED 95), 30 Day Passe (AED 195) and a Season Pass to attend the exposition for its full duration (AED 495), + tickets for 0-17 years, senior citizens (60+ years) and students are free.
Places Open Only in Winter in Dubai
The Global Village is a multi-cultural experience with various pavilions representing a host of different countries, where you can shop for traditional food, clothing, and other goods.
All this shopping comes with spectacular live performances from all around the world.
Furthermore, Global Village is particularly popular among foodies in Dubai.
There are rows of kiosks that offer street food from around the world. Plus, there are rides that the whole family can enjoy too.
For this year’s edition, 26 pavilions will be displaying authentic products and wonders from all the world’s corners, including a new Iraq pavilion.
- The season is scheduled to run until April 10, 2022, with millions expected to visit Dubai.
- Price: You can always purchase your ticket at Global village gates and counters, and it costs 20 AED, 5 dirhams more than the E-ticket.
- Opening hours: from Saturday to Wednesday from 4:00 PM TO 12:00 AM, Thursday to Friday from 4:00 PM to 01:00 AM.
- Location: Exit 37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road.
DUBAI MIRACLE GARDEN
It’s the world’s largest natural flower garden. Dubai Miracle Garden is home to more than 45 million flowers. This unique garden is spread across a 72,000 sq.m area, boasting awe-inspiring designs and a myriad of beautiful flower arrangements everywhere you look.
Dubai Miracle Garden enjoys a fine location close to Divine Residences Arjan, the modern, ready-to-move-in project with beautiful designs near Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Road. Between Jumeirah Village Circle & Arabian Ranches Dubai, Miracle Garden is the world's most extensive natural flower garden and the most visited place in the world.
Dubai Miracle Garden opens its doors during the winter months, which makes it among the best places to visit during this time.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 am to 09:00 pm | Saturday and Sunday 09:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Price: AED 55 per person | AED 40 per child (Age 3 – 12).
- Location: Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand.
DUBAI GARDEN GLOW
Speaking of things to do in Dubai in winter, Dubai Garden Glow is a world of imagination with a skillful blend of the world’s unique art and theme creating an amazing concept. Glow Park, the largest glow-in-dark garden, is made of millions of energy-saving led lights and yards of recycled luminous fabric. Dinosaur Park, the biggest Dinosaur park, displays more than 120 animatronic dinosaurs. Ice Park, the polar climate in the middle of the desert.
The little ones will love the interactive elements of this park, making it one of the best places to visit in Dubai in winter.
- Opening hours: 04:00 pm to 10:00 pm | Saturday 04:00 pm to 11:00 pm | Sunday 04:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Price: AED 65 per person For Garden Glow and Dinosaur Park only.
- Location: Zabeel Park, Gate No – 6 & 7 Area – B.
DUBAI WINTER GARDEN
The Winter Garden is a part of Al Habtoor City’s festive season activities. The festive garden started on 1st November 2021 and will continue until 31st March 2022. This special winter pop-up is where visitors can shop, dine, and be entertained. Winter Garden Dubai at Al Habtoor City also features performances by local and international artists.
- Opening hours: Daily 05:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Location: Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road
Other Winter Activities in Dubai
There are plenty of things to do at Ski Dubai for people of all ages. Enjoying some snow in Dubai might be dreamy, but never with the Ski Dubai exists, where we can get the best snow experiences.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 12:00 am |Saturday and Sunday 09:00 am to 12:00 am
- Price: Starting from AED175 per person
- Location: Mall of the Emirates
DUBAI’S UNPARALLELED DESERT EXPERIENCE
If you don't entertain the sea in winter, Dubai offers you some best deserts in the world. Winter is a great time to experience an overnight desert safari in Dubai. The nights are chilly and the days are pleasant. You can even set up camp for the night to experience what camping in Hatta is like.
DUBAI’S BEACHES IN WINTER
Dubai is home to miles and miles of golden fine-sand beaches, and with the beautiful year-round weather, you can enjoy the beach any time you wish, even with the temperatures dropping in winter. If you don’t want to go for a swim, you can always indulge in a plethora of other fun activities like skating, kite surfing, water sports, food trucks, and more on some of Dubai's best-known beaches as Kite Beach which is a solid winter attraction in Dubai.
Dubai’s Winter FAQs
Does Dubai have any Christmas winter celebrations?
There are several areas and spots in Dubai that are decked out for the Christmas season. When Christmas time, Dubai transforms into a winter wonderland. There are several special winter and Christmas celebrations in Dubai, offering plenty of festive shopping, activities, delicious snacks, and meals.
Do Dubai residents feel cold in winter?
Dubai winters are pleasant and they make the perfect time to visit the emirate as well. The average temperature in winter is 25°C during the day to 16°C at night.
Get your calendars out and explore the coolest activities and places to visit in Dubai in winter! Read All-Things-Dubai here.
Image Credit: Instagram Sonara Camp